WHAT DOES A WATER SOFTENER DO?
A water softener removes minerals & scale from the water, in a process called ion exchange. Hard water enters the water softer and runs through resin beads, the resin beads replace hard ions with soft ions, making a water.
Do I need a water softener?
Below are some reasons you may need a water softener:
- Have your water tested for high mineral levels. If the levels come back high that may be cause for concern.
- If you are having problems with hard water stains or scale build-up in your bathtub and faucets.
- If you have sensitive skin or excessively dry skin.
- If you live by a lake, canyon, or newly developed area.
What can a water softener do for you?
- save you up to 50% in soap and detergent usage throughout the year.
- make your clothes weather the laundry process.
- prevent mineral buildup in your water pipes & water heater.
- prevent mineral stains on faucets & porcelain surfaces.
- make your hair and skin feel softer.
If you have any questions or not exactly sure what to do, please contact your local Salt Lake City plumber for a no obligation evaluation on your water softener.