Cleaning a Refrigerator
Your refrigerator has the important job of keeping your food safe from germs. It is easy to forget that casserole in the back or keep shoving that BBQ chicken aside as you look for more recent food to eat. However, soon the environment in your refrigerator can become hazardous if you leave food to slowly rot. Here at Glover Cleaning we can provide a Utah maid service to handle any of your cleaning needs, even a refrigerator with last year’s pudding in the back.
Regular cleaning can prevent unnecessary illness and ensure that you have enough room for all of your family’s needs.
Here is a list of steps to take to get the most thorough cleaning:
- Turn down the thermostat and unplug the refrigerator.
- Store all food worth keeping in a cooler or second unit if available.
- Remove all trays and draws, you can clean them at the kitchen sink or wherever it is more convenient. Be sure to use a cleaning agent that is anti-bacterial.
- With the unit empty take a rag and clean out the grooves and sides taking a special interest in the nooks the drawers cover up.
- Now clean the outside of the unit.
- After everything is clean install drawers and trays. Plug the unit back in and turn the thermostat up to its original setting.
As a side note, make sure to give yourself enough time to let the freezer defrost. After you have plugged in the refrigerator wait at least an hour before returning food.
Basic housekeeping can be overwhelming, but with Glover Cleaning, your Utah maid service, having an organized and clean home is not only possible, but it is also well worth it.