- Test your pipes for calcium & mineral deposits 3 times a year: Turn on the water in your kitchen sink and bathtub at the same time, if you see a noticeable reduction in water speed or water volume, you should callÂ your localÂ plumber.
- Make sure you know where your Water Supply Meter & Main Drain Line Clean-outÂ are locatedÂ in your home.Â Check outside pipes and faucet for wet spots, puddles or corrosion.
- Check your pipes on a regular basis: people have the mentality that if I cannot see it, the problem is not there. That is not true when it comes to plumbing; you want to catch the â€œleakâ€ before it turns into a flood.
- Watch your drains for slow drainage, the moment you see a drain start emptying slower than usual call your local plumber for an inspection (Glover Plumbing: PH# 801-495-9050).
- Check the house for â€œunexpectedâ€ mold & mildew growing in places where there is no moisture visible. It could be an indication of an internal leak.
- Check your washing machine connection for leaks and secured connections.
- Check the valves & valve handles for leaks, tightness & bathroom valves should be checked for movement.
Or if you just don’t want to do any of that, contact Glover Plumbing for a free home safety inspection and mention you saw this post.