There is a fine line between being a good house keeper and being obsessed with cleanliness. Are you a perfectionist and your house can never be clean enough? OCD can be a serious problem that can cause people to suffer.
Here are some signs your are overly obsessed with the cleanliness of your home.
- Do you have excessive and ritualized washing and cleaning behaviors? Do you find yourself wiping over and over again after you have already cleaned an area.
- Do fringes on the end of rugs drive you crazy if they aren’t lined up perfectly?
- Do you not allow other people in the household to clean because they won’t clean it as good as you do?
- Do you have excessive checking behaviors? Do you constantly check to make sure the stove is turned off?
- Do you collect things or hoard items? (i.e., keeping things that most people would throw away like trash or old papers)
Some clients of Glover Cleaning realize that cleaning is taking a bigger priority than it should. By having a regular cleaning company clean your home, it can help relieve anxiety.