homemade remedies for clogged drains.
- Boil two cups of water (use a microwave or stove top)
- In a sealable container mix together 1 cup of baking soda, 1 cup of salt &Â Â¼ cup of cream of tartar.
- Pour Â¼ cup of the dry ingredients down the clogged drain.
- Slowly pour the two cups of boiling water down the drain.
- Let it settle for 30 minutes.
- Run fresh water down the drain or flush the toilet a couple of times. Repeat if needed.
- Remove all standing water from the sink or tub and pour 1 cup of backing soda & 1 cup of vinegar down the drain.
- Bubbles will start to form, plug the drain immediately (with a double sink, plug both drains).
- Wait 30 minutes for the bubbles to die down and run some hot water down the drain until the drain is unclogged. Repeat if needed.
- Using a funnel, sprinkle borax into one side of the kitchen drain (if it is a double sink make sure to block the other drain with a stopper) andÂ let the borax settle for a few minutes.
- Slowly pour one cup of boiling water down the drain (this will activate the borax). Repeat if needed.
If you are still having issues or feel more comfortable having a licensed professional do it, please contact your local plumbing company.